Monday 26 March 2012

After Weight Loss, Still Feeling Fat? & Comments From Others


If you've recently lost weight or are currently losing I'm sure you've heard enough comments from friends and family, (some stemming from their own insecurities or sabotaging nature, 
and some coming from their genuine concern for your well being) ranging from, 
"Girl, you need to eat a sandwich.", "Just don't lose that ass girl."
to my favorite, which came from my brother, 
"You look like you just got outta camp."  
Me, "Bootcamp?"  
Him, "No concentration camp.  You should eat."
:-O!!!

As long as I focus on what's important to me, what i like about my body, what i want to work on, what i want to tighten, how comfortable i feel in my clothes, how comfy i feel in my own skin, I am golden. 
I really don't give a care what others think, yet I have my go to's who keep it real with me 
and i also know who the one's are who think i look great at any size and will never say, 
"you look too big" or "you look too small"... 
like my bestie, she's always like, "I think you look good at any weight you've ever been." 
and I'm like... "oh honey, you love me so much!"  

So i like to take pics and measure myself because it gives me a good perspective OUTSIDE of myself. You don't hafta share the pics but taking them so I can get outside of myself has been SUPER helpful for me to gain perspective. 
Also measuring and checking how my skinny jeans fit!  

I also happen to have a great relationship with my scale.  
I feel my scale is the ONLY one who keeps it a'hundred with me!  She tells me like it is.  
And that doesn't mean it's not water retention, or water weight lost, it just means, at this exact moment in time, 
your body weighs "this much".  No biggie, just a gauge.  
A scale is a tool, just like a fat caliber, a measuring tape, a mirror, a photo or a pair of skinny jeans.  

When a big person loses weight, it takes time for our MIND to catch up with our BODY.  
Allow yourself that time.  Know that you may "feel fat" for MONTHS after you've dropped the weight.  
You're not CRAZY, well, you are kinda, but we ALL ARE.  

5 comments:

  1. yo look so great, saludos desde Mexico!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow!! amazing!! you REALLY rock!! ..inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great inspiring article.I am pretty much pleased with your good work.You put really very helpful information. Keep it up. Keep blogging. Looking to reading your next post.
    weight watchers international

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lot of people wonder why they do not manage to lose those fats on their stomach although they have put in tremendous effort to do so. This is because to lose weight effectively, [ http://lnkiy.in/IavYcgg ] you will need to set smaller and achievable targets in your weight loss plan.

    ReplyDelete