Thursday 5 April 2012

"This Run's For You (TRFY) A Run For Love. A Cardio Dedication"

Remember when a boy or a girl would dedicate a song to you or make you a mix tape?  Remember that warm fuzzy feeling you'd get when they made you feel so special?  Welp. here's an idea I came up with to keep me motivated with my runs and provide warm fuzzies to someone special.

I notice marathons are usually with purpose and to raise money - Run For Cancer, Run For Your Favorite Animal Shelter etc...This Run's For You has nothing to do with money, (or it can, if you say so) it's just a run, a run for love.

TRFY's purpose is to raise self motivation, while sharing a special dedication from the heart to someone or something you care about.  It gives cardio more of a purpose than just burning calories or building endurance and strength.

Yesterday my new client Lauren broke a plateau she'd been holding onto for a year.  I was so inspired by her that I ran 3 mi for her, burned 250 calories and dedicated it all to her on Facebook.  Today, I run for my business partner Becca Pace from www.inyourpacefitness.com, because it's her birthday and she's special to me.

Who will YOU run for?  Leave a comment here with your dedications as well as how long you ran and how many calories you burned.  Let that special someone know publicly that you have dedicated a TRFY to them.  Utilize TRFY to not only motivate you but give your cardio session more purpose AND make someone else feel special all at the same time.

This run's for you!
JeniFu




No comments:

Post a Comment